The last day of the year means something to me as I’m sure it does to you. Like every year, we tend to review in our minds the highs and lows, the dramas, and the circus of life we go through in our strange highlight reel that purges our brains.
But this time I’m not backing down so easily, whimpering another year of my life away hoping next year will be better.
No, I’m out for something different. I new and improved mindset of conscious action, of replacing old, worn out beliefs that have held me back for too long. In 2017 and beyond, I now expect something different.
I have never said this before a new year like this, so I not only want to end 2016 on the right foot, I want to start 2017 on the right and left foot. To stay grounded while my dreams fill the skies without any ceilings.
- I plan to do better paintings. Scratch that. They’re already good, I will improve and work on my craft with pride and honor.
- I will live in a nurturing environment and surround myself with positive artists and other people who want to be with me. I can’t live life without people on my side. We are social creatures. Though instead of partying this year into 2017, I am relaxing in my own place writing my blog and watching Star Wars. But then I’ll get busy soon. For example…
- I will get my first portrait commission. How? By creating more work and finding the right clients. Those right clients will love my work and want to keep it in their families for generations.
- I will visit or possibly live in the USA again. It’s been nearly 5 years since I was last back.
- I will take care of myself so I can take care of others.
- I will learn how to have faith and trust myself.
This is my business plan. It’s also the blueprints of my life plan. Maybe this time, next year I won’t be alone by myself wondering where has my life gone?
The main reason I haven’t been keeping up my blog is that I’ve relocated to Danang, Vietnam in October to teach art at an international school. I learned to teach art projects on a shoestring budget. In the end, the job didn’t work out. I’m faced with a future of options that seem endless. But I won’t step backwards this time. Whatever moves I make will be forward and deliberate. I owe that to myself. Life is all about progression, not regression. Maybe you can relate? So anyway here’s to a wild ride of painting and travel in 2016.
And to my audience who have been following my adventures, thank you for keeping up. Life always seems to get in the way of everything, doesn’t it? Just don’t forget the important stuff. Family, friends, love, nature, and art. These are the finest things in life. I have exciting things coming up in 2017. I will do some videos. New paintings from Vietnam. And I’m just getting started. Here’s my first one available
and last but not least…