Let’s start here. I’m Josh. I paint, blog, teach, travel. I love the art of simplicity.
I am very driven to create the best works of art to no end, and it’s killing me! (In a good way)
The only way to jump back on the horse is to realize that you actually fell off in the first place. I’m human, and I’m trying not to beat myself up. Sometimes when I’m feeling so stressed out, I have to remind myself what I truly love about life. Here’s a few examples:
- Genesis music. Especially the 1970’s stuff. Can’t explain, but it’s the most wonderful music I’ve ever known. I still get chills hearing great art.
- A great sunset. Living in the southwest, I’ve seen so many of them. I can’t get enough of them.
- A PB&J sandwich. A classic that never goes away.
- Blue jeans. I always wear them, will never go out of style.
- Corvettes. My favorite is the 67-73 models, very sexy machines.
- The ocean. Ever float in the ocean by yourself. I miss the water.
- Yoo-hoo chocolate milk. It never gets old, especially with PB&J.
- Green Tea. Matcha, the real health medicine that tastes great and I always carry with me. I feel it’s the ying to my yang.
So there’s a few examples of my non-chaotic life, what’s yours?
When I write this blog, I will try to give some insight on the artist’s life, mostly mine. I’m not a leader in my field, just a leader in my life. I can only lead by example. I still go through mood swings, procrastinate and through it all, I still manage to hold on to that creative self that defines me, and I go and do art. Even if it’s for 5 minutes. It’s what you do with your time that so important. Make the best of that time.