For the month of December, the Easel Place is having a fundraiser at our ABQ gallery in partnership with HART, the Homeless Animal Rescue Team. Some amazing paintings by Rafael Gonzales (ABQ artist/owner of The Easel Place), along with prints ($20), calenders ($18) and notecards($3) of these beautiful animals will be on sale for the public. I usually only promote some cause I truly believe in, and this is a great cause to participate. It’s a small price to pay to helping out these animals. Here’s a few details of HART:
- Established in 1996, HART is one of alencia County’s oldest animal rescue organizations.
- HART has an all volunteer staff.
- HART is a not for profit 501 (c) 3 organization.
- HART is a no-kill group, which places all the animals in its program at some time.
- HART does not euthanize to make room for new animals. We sometimes have animals up to a year before we’re able to find them a permanent home. We rely upon foster homes heavily for these needy animals.
- All our animals are checked for health problems, given the necessary shots, and sterilized to prevent further over-population in New Mexico.
“Sophia” by Rafael Gonzales
Feel free to stop in the gallery if you’re in the ABQ area. You can also call the Easel Place at 505-717-1872 or email at email@example.com. As I stated before, I wouldn’t support an organization on my own site unless I truly believed in their mission and cause. Though I usually discuss my own art, today I’m giving back by helping someone else, so hope all of you understand!