I’m giving myself 10 minutes to list all the creative resolutions I aim towards in our newly unknown year of 2011. Hard to believe we’re living in the future, but here it is, so I guess I better start the resolutions before I go off on any tangent.
- For ye first resolution, I hereby promise…to stop making stupid resolutions that never come true, damn why do I keep doing this to myself?
- Ok, now that’s out of the way, the next one is…to become a better artist. Better in what? Singing, tap-dancing, juggling? Isn’t that suppose to be the goal of every artist? To get better at our craft? Well, moving on…
- I gotta stop procrastinating and do what I really what I want to do with my life. I’ve been saying that for 20 years already? I mean when is that going to stop? Isn’t living in the moment and doing what you love in that moment the most important? I keep forgetting that until I’m at my easel and start painting, then …ahhhhh….
- Would love to be a richer artist. Rich as in wealthy or a life abundant in experiences? Most people get those things confused the easiest, including myself. It’s because we live in a capitalistic society, we’re convinced if we’re not in the race, we will fall behind and die in poverty. I knew someone on the rich side that didn’t look too pleased when I used to date an African-American girl. To me, that is a poverty of the mind. You have to be a richer person before being a richer artist.
- Visit many places in the world before you die. Well I have visited about 33…states in the USA, and Canada and Mexico. I have a long way to go. I did travel by car and plane a lot this year. I must make traveling in other places a priority. My top countries to visit: Italy, Israel, Thailand, Australia, England and Costa Rica.
Ok, time’s up, here are my resolutions in 10 minutes flat. Shoot I didn’t even think about losing weight or getting a real job. Guess I’ll have to wait next year. You’re welcome to comment, love to hear from you. I promise more art, posts and cooler newsletters at least. Stay thirsty my friends, see you next year!